Hello and welcome to my website!
Let me introduce myself: I am a Russian girl who is married to a Turkish man and works as an English teacher. Pretty mixed up, hm? What if I tell you that I also used to work in China, did my CELTA in Thailand and do my best to be a so-called citizen-of-the-world, other than the one in strict frames?
I love learning languages and it’s not just a target but a process of reaching it that brings me joy. I never stop working on my English, I try to improve my Turkish, I try to keep my French alive and I do love playing with Chinese characters. So far so good. But not enough for a proper professional development; therefore from the last year I am taking part in a challenge “DELTA, collect all three certificates together and win a super prize!”. By now I have passed the first module with self-studies only and I would be glad to share my experience with anyone else. Module three is on the way.
As for my work, I have had students aged from 6 to well… high above 50. Remember them all, proud of all. Currently, I’m working in a private school with kids which was super stressful at first but getting fun after a year of struggle, now I’m happy with them.
5 more facts about me:
- I don’t have Instagram or Twitter accounts (sorry);
- At home my husband and I speak English only;
- When I was a student I used to work as a train conductor travelling all over Russia. It was an amazing experience in communication;
- When it comes to arts and crafts I go for cross-stitching, my favourite hobby after reading;
- We have a little cutie pet Timmy the Hamster.
This website was created as a way to keep my notes organised and as a chance to stay in touch with other people who are into English.