Monday log (21.01)
- “Object recognition” topic from my book about cognitive science. Covered about a third of the unit, specifically, the computational problems and how our brain deals with them. I remember that when I was little, I asked my mom once: “How do people realise if they see a cat or a dog? They are basically the same: with four legs, a tail…”. I didn’t get any answer that time but now I am getting close to solving that mystery.
- Honestly tried the course about the Arduino, but there is no ground whatsoever to build it on. I lack understanding of basic physics, I don’t know the terms, the names of the tools, I am afraid to break it all or have no idea where to plug what. So I decided to keep moving with the second thing in my holiday list – learn how websites are built.
- Day 1, HTML Introduction and document standards. That was fun. And very easy. Halfway through ‘Lesson 1’ on CodeAcademy. Now I am curiously opening the “Inspect” section of different websites and try to make sense of the code and seeing how parts relate (mostly by deleting lines).
- Stretching. This is how a wooden a body gets if there is no exercise… felt bad today; not because of physical pain, but of realisation how far I am now from the floor )))
- Some reading (fiction). From now on I will include only the finished books in my daily log, but it is in English and I have read over the half so far.
- Reading (fiction)
- Finished introductory lessons about HTML
- Math workbook – introduction to the algebra section.
Well… holiday laziness is hard to escape. But I deserve a break with doing ‘nothing’ time, don’t I? After a few days this mood will switch back to productive, I know.
- Finished “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy “. I read it a while ago, but decided to re-read: the language of the book, the style is too good to leave it behind once and for long.
- Started CSS
As you’ve noticed, I have embraced my ‘doing nothing’ mood. The day is wasted, but gave me time to look around a bit, slow down and enjoy the day.
The song of the day – Alex Sparrow – Сумасшедшая
- A few pages about object recognition.
- Math workbook with the beginning of algebra: equations. Once again i was shocked by the simplicity of the tasks. Like, come on, you don’t even need to write anything, just give the answer. I should quickly revise those chapters and get my hand to something more challenging, otherwise it’s a waste of time.
- Started reading another fiction book. Not sure about it yet, will see how it goes in the next 30 pages or so.
- The day of cognitive science. Finished the unit, specifically, the topics about face recognition and mind reading. I was carried quite far away when reading extra materials for the later one; was strongly emotionally touched and disturbed by the idea of the locked-in syndrome. Can’t think of anything worse for a human being to go through.
- Turkish. Well, I promised not to study languages, but here I am, visiting my parents and brother-in-law, without my husband. The state of misery when not being able to express my thoughts and feelings… That’s tough, but still, is no more motivating enough to make me open a Turkish coursebook.
- Turkish. Listening to people talking )))